IN THE HIGH COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
COURT OF APPEAL
MISCELLANEOUS PROCEEDINGS NO. 844 OF 2014
(ON AN INTENDED APPEAL FROM FCMC NO. 13455 OF 2011)
D E C I S I O N
Hon Cheung JA (giving Decision of the Court) :
1. Deputy District Judge Grace Chan awarded the husband petitioner, by way of ancillary relief, $16,970,000 out of a joint matrimonialasset of about $49.8 million. The husband’s asset is about $2.47 million and the wife respondent about $47.4 million. The awardis about 39% of the total asset. The wife seeks leave to appeal, leave having been refused by the Judge below.
2. The challenge by the wife is solely against the finding of fact by the Judge.
3. We will refuse leave on paper as she has not shown that she has a reasonable prospect of success on appeal that the finding wasplainly wrong on the following crucial issues :
4. We will, pursuant to Order 59 Rule 2A(8), further order that the wife is not allowed to apply for an oral hearing to reconsiderthis application.
5. The husband is entitled to the costs of the paper application before us which we summarily assess at $60,000.