IN THE HIGH COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
HIGH COURT ACTION NO 1691 OF 2005
DECISION ON COSTS
1. This decision follows from my decision made on 27 March 2013 wherein I made an order nisi that the costs of the summons of the defendantdated 6 February 2013 and the costs of the plaintiff’s summons dated 8 February 2013, including the costs reserved and the hearing(with certificate for counsel) be to the defendants, to be assessed under Order 62 rule 9A RHC by the defendants’ filing and servinga schedule of costs on the plaintiff within 7 days from the date of the order and the plaintiff’s filing and serving the objectionswithin 7 days thereafter. The assessment is to be dealt with on paper without parties’ attendance.
2. Respective parties’ schedules of costs have been received.
3. The defendants’ costs amount to $236,933. The plaintiff opposes, arguing that the costs should be cut down to $99,350.
4. I shall adopt the broad-brush approach as I did in Silver Hope Limited v Chan Kwai Wah Alice HCMP82/2012.
5. The costs I assess for this application, including the costs reserved and counsel’s fees is $140,000, to be paid by the plaintiffto the defendants within 14 days from the date of this Decision.
Henry Fok & Co., for the plaintiff
Hastings & Co., for the 1st to 6th defendants