IN THE HIGH COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
COMPANIES WINDING UP NO. 1055 OF 2001
Coram: Hon Yuen J in Court
Date of Hearing: 14 January 2002
Date of Judgment: 14 January 2002
J U D G M E N T
1. This is a petition for the winding-up of the Company. The debt involved is in a sum of about $14.8 million. A statutory demand wasserved on 3 August 2001 and that was not satisfied.
2. The petition was presented on 14 September 2001. Although there has been an amendment in the petition, this only related to the registeredoffice of the Company and there is no suggestion that that has any effect on the order being sought before me today.
3. No affidavit has been filed on behalf of the Company and as far as other creditors are concerned, the list is negative.
4. This morning, Mr Yu of Yu Hung & Co. sought to appear on behalf of the Company but subsequently I have been informed that theCompany does not wish to contest the Petition this morning.
5. Accordingly, I would make the usual order winding up the Company.
Mr Bernard Man, instructed by Messrs Koo & Partners, for Petitioner
Mr Yu Hung of Messrs Yu Hung & Co., for Company
Mrs M Lam from the Official Receiver’s Office