IN THE HIGH COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
ACTION NO.358 OF 1997
Coram: Recorder Ronny Wong, SC in Court
Dates of Hearing: 17 July 2000
Date of Judgment: 19 July 2000
J U D G M E N T
1. This is a claim by the Plaintiff against the Defendant for money due under an agreement made in November, 1994 [‘the November, 94Agreement”] and under a revised agreement made in November, 1995 [“the Revised Agreement”].
2. The Defendant did not appear at the hearing.
3. Mr. Lawrence Ng opened the Plaintiff’s case fully before me and he called Madam Liu Hon Ying and her husband Lee Lai Wang to supportthe averments pleaded in the Amended Statement of Claim.
4. I am satisfied that the Plaintiff has proved her case on a balance of probabilities.
5. I order that judgment be entered in favour of the Plaintiff against the Defendant in the sum of HK$640,649.8 as sum due under theNovember, 94 Agreement and in the sum of HK$2,303,080 as sum due under the Revised Agreement.
6. I further order that the Plaintiff be entitled to interest on the aforesaid sums at the current judgment interest rate as from thedate of this judgment.
7. The Plaintiff is further entitled to the costs of this action including the costs of the adjourned hearing before the HonourableMr. Justice Yam.
8. The Defendant’s Counterclaim is dismissed with costs in favour of the Plaintiff.
Mr Lawrence Ng, instructed by Messrs. Yip, Tse and Tang, for the Plaintiff
Defendant in person (Absent)