IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
CRIMINAL CASE NO. 1320 OF 2010
Reasons for Sentence
1. The Defendant pleads guilty to 1 count of Attempted Burglary.
2. On 29th September 2010 the Defendant was found tampering with the lock of the door to a shop in Mongkok at odd hours. He was interceptedby the police officers and found in possession of a pair of gloves and a torch. Under caution, he admitted that he was trying toopen the lock and steal from the shop.
3. The Defendant is 34 years old and single. He has 26 previous convictions with 24 related to theft and 2 of which is burglary.
4. I have considered the mitigation advanced by Mr. Law, solicitors for the Defendant. There is no mitigating factor apart from hisguilty plea.
5. As it involves non domestic premises, I adopt a starting point of 30 months’ imprisonment. Taking into account the guilty plea,the Defendant is sentenced to 20 months’ imprisonment.