IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
CRIMINAL CASE NO. 459 OF 2011
Reasons for Sentence
1. You have pleaded guilty to one count of illegal remaining in Hong Kong and one count of breach of deportation order.
2. Facts revealed that, you are Vietnamese and you entered China from Vietnam on the 10 April this year. You then sneaked into HongKong in the following date. You are subject to a deportation order issued on the 10 December last year.
3. The order prohibited you from being in Hong Kong at anytime thereafter.
4. In sentencing you, I taking into account your plea of guilty and totality principle and mitigation put forward by your counsel.
5. This is the second time you were convicted of the illegal remaining charge. Therefore, you should know clearly the sentencing guidelinefor this offence is one of 15 months after a plea of guilty.
6. Therefore, for the 1st charge you are sentence to 15 months’ imprisonment. For the 2nd charge, I also take 15 months as a startingpoint because of your plea, I’ll reduce it to 10 months, 3 months of which will run consecutively to the 1st charge, and thereforemaking the total sentence of 18 months.