IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
CRIMINAL CASE NO. 95 OF 2011
Reasons for Sentence
1. The Defendant pleaded guilty to a charge of possession of dangerous drugs, namely:-
2. The Defendant was spotted sitting in the driver seat and the car was blocking the road. The Police stopped him and found the drugsin his trousers pocket.
3. The street value of all the drugs is about HK$3,000. He also had $5,000 with him.
4. Under caution: he said that the drugs were for his own consumption, he bought the drugs in bulk for cheaper price. It costs him$3,000. He stopped the car there just to take a rest and intended to buy food to eat.
6. 24 years old. All his siblings moved away from home. He is the bread winner of the family as his parents have retired and hisfather is a cancer patient. He used to work as an air-conditioning technician. He obtained a $40,000 loan from a financial institutionand used $10,000 to purchase the car in question and some of money was used to buy the drugs in question.
7. The DATC report said that the Defendant started to take ketamine in 2003, cocaine in 2009. Although he has been to the DATC previously,he is still a drug dependent. The Defendant hoped to kick off his vice habit this time. The DATC recommended that he should receiveanother treatment.
8. I adopted the DATC recommendation, the Defendant is sentenced to DATC with conviction be recorded.