IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
CRIMINAL CASE NO. 372 OF 2011
Reasons for Sentence
1. You pleaded guilty to one count of trafficking in dangerous drugs.
2. Facts revealed that on the 7 March this year, you were stopped and search by police in Soy Street, Mongkok, and found in your possession60 packets of drugs, namely 9.95 grammes of a mixture containing 7.42 grammes of heroin.
3. You admitted that you helped someone to deliver the drugs to a park at Yung Shue Taufor sale and you would earn about HK$10 for each packet.
4. In sentencing you, I will take into account your plea of guilty and mitigation put forward by your counsel.
5. Your counsel suggested this court should adjourn the matter to next week pending for a letter from a priest, which hopefully willhelp this court in determining the appropriate sentence.
6. As I suggested to your counsel, your plea of guilty is the strongest mitigation factor in this case and I don’t think the letterwill assist this court any further.
7. The sentencing guideline for this kind of offence is clear, for this quantity of heroin the term of imprisonment is from 2 to 5years. I’ll take 3 years as a starting point because of your plea and I reduce it to 2 years.