IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
CRIMINAL CASE NO. 1371 OF 2011
Reasons for Sentence
1. You have pleaded guilty to two charges of trafficking in dangerous drugs. These are very serious offences and the drugs concernedare also hard drugs. Those two charges were committed within the space of two weeks.
2. The second offence was commenced while you were on police bail for the first offence. That is an aggravating factor.
3. However, I take into consideration the small amount of drugs involved. The prosecution accepts that by virtue of the amount, theyaccept that it is for self-consumption.
4. You have a clear record. You have pleaded guilty.
5. I am going to sentence you to probation; probation for 3 years:
6. I will now explain to you the meaning of a probation order. That means you will be under the supervision of a probation officerfor three years. You must comply with all the terms that I have just explained.
7. If you are in breach of any of those, you will be in breach of the PO, or if you were to commit another offence within the threeyears, you would be in breach of the PO, and I mean any offence, whether similar to this case or not.
8. If you are in any way in breach of the PO, you will be brought back to court and you will be re-sentenced for these offences.
COURT: Do you understand?
COURT: You accept those terms and you accept the PO?
9. There will be progress report on 20 April, 9.30, this court.
10. There will be a PO in identical terms for both charges concurrent.