IN THE HIGH COURT OF THE
HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
ACTION NO. 3521 OF 2003
Coram: Hon Tang J in Chambers
Date of Hearing: 19 May 2004
Date of Judgment: 9 June 2004
J U D G M E N T
1. In this action the plaintiff sues the defendant on a dishonoured cheque in the sum of $11,402,800.
2. The same parties are involved in HCA2008/2003.
3. The judgment in HCA2008/2003 (“the Judgment”) will be delivered at the same time as this judgment, where the same arguments wereraised and dealt with.
4. I repeat paras. 1-44 of the Judgment, and I order judgment in favour of the plaintiff in the sum of $11,402,800 with interest atthe rate of 1.75% per annum above HSBC’s prime lending rate from time to time until judgment, thereafter at the judgment rate untilpayment.
5. I make an order nisi that the plaintiff is to have the costs of the action.
Mr Warren Chan, SC & Mr Law Man Chung, instructed by Messrs Lily Fenn & Partners, for the Plaintiff
Mr Clifford Smith, instructed by Messrs Gallant Y.T. Ho & Co., for the Defendant